Beryl Bikes is the bike share system covering Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole. Bikes can be picked up from Beryl Bays located across the area. Start riding today by downloading the Beryl App available on the Google and iOS app stores and sign up.
How Beryl Bikes work:
- Find a bike at one of the many Beryl Bay locations around Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole
- Unlock the bike using the mobile app
- Ride the bike to your destination then find another Beryl Bay to park your bike
- If you park outside a Beryl Bay, a £2 parking charge will be applied
- Lock the bike manually using the lever on the lock at the back wheel. This will end your ride.
- Pay As You Ride - From £1. Ideal for a single ride. Pay £1 to unlock the bike, then 5p per minute riding. You’ll be charged at the end of the ride for the minutes you ride.
- Minute Bundles - From £5. Buy a bundle of minutes upfront and skip the £1 unlock fee. Minutes will be deducted from your balance when you end your ride.
- Day Pass is £12. This is best for long days out and allows you to enjoy unlimited rides and no out of bay parking charges for 24 hours!
- Other charges - you’ll be charged for locking your bike and ending your ride out of a Beryl Bay (£2) or out of a Beryl zone (£5).
Beryl Bike Share in Bournemouth, Christchurch & Poole:
- There will be over 200 locations in and around Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole to pick up a bike.
- There is no deposit needed to hire your bike.
- Please be aware that there is no cycling permitted on the Bournemouth promenade between 10am - 6pm during the months of July and August.
Beryl Bikes and COVID-19
Our team in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole works hard to keep all bikes clean and safe for riders. However, due to the way that bikes move around the operating area, it’s not possible to disinfect every bike after each ride. We ask all riders to take note of the following precautions so we can keep Beryl Bikes safe for everyone:
- Please wash your hands before and after using a Beryl Bike
- Carry alcohol-based hand sanitizer with you if you don’t have a place to wash your hands
- If you have antibacterial wipes, you can use them to wipe down handlebars and seat posts before riding
- Please respect government guidelines around social distancing from people outside your household, and give pedestrians and other cyclists space on narrow shared use paths and busy areas
Why should you try bike share?
- It's a great and active way to explore and travel around the beautiful areas of Poole and Bournemouth.
- It’s super convenient as you can choose where you pick up and drop off your bike.
- Rides start from only 5p per minute.
- Help make Bournemouth and Poole greener!